Excellence in Learning
Progression Training provides high quality training across Wales and the UK,
specialising in Health & Social Care.
Essential Skills Wales (ESW)
The Essential Skills Wales (ESW) Qualifications are awarded by City and Guilds and are intended for everyone from School Pupils to Chief Executives in large companies. The Essential Skills are the skills most commonly needed for success in a range of activities at work, in education and training and life in general.
Emphasis within these standards is upon the practical application of transferable skills to suit a variety of different purposes. Whilst the Essential Skills can be assessed and achieved as a stand-alone outcome, delivery may more commonly form part of broader learning programmes involving the achievement of other qualification. For example, Apprenticeship Frameworks in England, Wales and Northern Ireland all include a ESW requirement.
Why essential skills are important
Essential Skills help to improve learners:
They are essential as they enable individuals to be:
- Computer literate
- Able to relate well with customers
- Good team workers
- Flexible in their work activities
- Decision makers and problem solvers
- Able to communication effectively
What do our learners say?
- The application of number was excellent for refreshing maths knowledge. Definitely beneficial for anyone to learn these skills or to refresh them - David Taylor, Ceredigion.
We cover the areas of North Wales Mid Wales & South Wales